Wednesday 27 July 2011

{Take action} Look to the future


It's payday tomorrow and so I'll be indulging in my guilty pleasure - buying a stash of magazines that I'm unlikely to read. Well, not cover-to-cover at least.  And before the Eco Warriors out there have me in front of the firing squad in defence of the trees that were sacrificed to create the sweet-smelling, glossy loveliness, let me assure you that they don't go to waste.  No no, I'll rip them to pieces.  

For years now, my friend Jane and I have created mood-boards to mark the new year and all we want to achieve in it.  It's cool now to look back over the years and see how these goals have evolved ... and frustrating to see the ones still making an appearance.  (Will I ever get my finances in check?!)  So I was intrigued to read Andrea Baxter's post on Design Sponge today about how she's used a vision board to clarify her business goals, even favouring it as a tool to a traditional business plan.  While I've enjoyed creating these over the years as a fun way of altering and charting my course, it's encouraging to see someone so successful reap professional rewards from the exercise.... and it gives me an excuse to do more!

In the spirit of putting my goals 'out there', I thought I'd share with you all my latest creation....

Do you have a vision board you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...