Thursday 28 July 2011

{Take action} Dream with your eyes open



"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
- Larry Elder -

Do you dream with your eyes open?  Dream of a different life - maybe a different home, new job, altered image?  What is it for you?  I'll put my hands up and say I'm a dreamer.  But I'd like to believe that I do a little bit more.... I hope I do something to make my dreams happen.


I've said before that vision boards are one of the many ways that I try to dream a little (and sometimes BIG) dream, but there comes a point where dreaming has to turn to action.  Today I thought I'd share a few top tips to taking action:


Get a clear line of vision:
What is it you really want?  Is it a new home?  If so, describe it.  Close your eyes and imagine the front door, walk in and soak in everything you see - make it come alive in your mind.  Dream BIG.  Once you have a clear and vivid picture, make note of it in whatever way suits you (words, pictures, sound).


Break down:
How far away from your dream are you?  If you can imagine time passing as a movie, see yourself in your gorgeous new home and press rewind.  What do you see as the home before?  And the one before that?  Get clear on the steps that will get you there .... without a lottery win, that is.


Speak up:
How many times have you made a commitment to yourself and done absolutely zilch about it?  (Hmm, new year's resolutions spring to mind!)  You need to make yourself accountable.  Seek out a friend or family member that you can share your wild imaginings with.  Often making a commitment verbally to someone we love and respect can be just the conscience prick we need to get off our bottoms and start making things happen.


Now, over to you ....


Photo: One

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...