Monday 16 May 2011

{Inspiration} Liz Earle





Sat nestled on my doorstep this evening was a very familiar-looking package. Loving wrapped in tissue paper was my latest supply of cult beauty classic, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - a bumper anniversary edition at that. Only introduced to this multi-award winner last year, I knew I was way behind the curve in adding the hot cloth cleanser to my bathroom cabinet (and now an avid fan), but I was still a little surprised to see it celebrating it's 15th year. Having done a little digging, it seems the product's success is due, in equal parts, to a stella idea, a keen set of principles and sheer hardwork of Liz Earle and business partner Kim Buckland.

Already a successful beauty journalist, broadcaster and author (most famously known as the face of GMTV), it was Liz's personal struggle with eczema-prone skin that was the catalyst. A piece of advice from a nutritionist on how to treat her condition, coinciding with the aspirations of marketing exec Kim, got the cogs turning and the 'naturally active skincare' range was born. Offering both luxury and affordability, and launched at a time when your choices were budget-busting or a Boots' own-brand, the visionary duo were advocates of botanical, organic and ethically-sourced ingredients long before traceability became a buzz word.

And they're principles that have stayed true to the heart of the brand in the 15 years since. It's said Liz personally visits growers and producers across the world to source the very best ingredients for the range. And the personal experience you receive from the company from placing your order to unwrapping the tissue when it arrives, has you coming back for more.

Reflecting on her success, Liz says:
‘I’m reasonably OK with the way I am. Life is not about being perfect, it’s about progress. That’s how I see my own personal journey and what I try to pass on to (my) children. You try to get it right, but inevitably you will sometimes fall down, and you have to pick yourself up, try again and learn from what went wrong. The key thing is the learning."
(Source: dailymail
Photo: ICNetwork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...