Thursday 5 May 2011

{Inspiration} Cocoa & a lot of heart



What did you want to be when you 'grew up'? I had a list as long as my arm when I was a little girl - hairdresser, air hostess, hotelier, teacher, artist, runner (this one is particularly hilarious!).  While I wasn't particularly choosy, the beauty of my perspective at this young age was that I believed I could do anything.  It didn't occur to me that they might not be options for me, I thought I could do or be anything my heart desired.


When did this change?  When does that child-like innocence and freedom gets swapped for a more 'mature' and rational mind? Our hearts' desires get a little diluted by doing the right and accepted thing.


In the past year I've woken up to this optimistic and confident part of my former self, realised that I should follow my heart a little more than my well-behaved head!


With this fire in my belly, it was lovely to see Jen Ramos' Cocoa&Hearts website come to fruition.  I've long been an avid reader of her blog, made by girl, and so was excited to see her new collection of original artwork - it's fun, colourful and full of life. Equally engaging though was the 'about' page of her website where she reveals that painting has always been her 'first crush'.  She has connected with those hopes and dreams and made it a grown-up reality.  Go Jen!


Photo: 'Modesty' @ Cocoa & Hearts

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for writing about my new paintings...i appreciate it! Such a pleasure to read this post too! :)

    I will mention you in my thank you post! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...