Wednesday 29 June 2011

{WellBEing} A moment of calm

Over the past week I've been setting my alarm clock an extra 30 minutes early to meditate - it has long been on my list of intentions but, sadly, the thing I've never made the time for.  More fool me!


It has made a huge difference for a number of reasons but today I'll share just one.  I realise I was so used to getting up in a rush, running through my plan for the day while ironing with one hand and making my morning cuppa with the other (you get the picture) and setting a manic tone for the day that I was missing everything. When I've heard the phrase "don't be so focused on the destination that you miss the journey" I'd always thought it a bit twee - but I'm about to eat my words. 


As well as starting the day in a much calmer frame of mind, the biggest difference this new little ritual has made is that it seems to have opened my eyes to what's going on around me a little more.  To appreciate all the little things that make me smile.


So, today, I encourage you to take 30-seconds, a minute, (heck 5 minutes if you have it!) to STOP, take a breather and enjoy a moment of calm.


Photo: this-is-glamorous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...