Monday 13 June 2011

{Inspiration} Christy Turlington



Is there nothing this woman can't do?  Having graced glossy magazine covers galore, Christy Turlington is better known in front of the camera but, this month, has made the news through her directional debut - a documentary about maternal mortality called 'No Woman, No Cry'.  The reportedly shocking film adds to Christy's reputation as campaigner - after retiring from the catwalk, Christy threw herself into an anti-smoking campaign after nursing her father through advanced lung cancer and later studied for a Masters degree in Public Health at New York's Columbia University.


So more than just a pretty face, then?  Vogue magazine once described Christy as "the most beautiful thing that ever lived" but, from what I've read about her, I get the feeling that she would prefer to be known for her brains rather than her obvious beauty - she likened modelling to "being the silent, one-dimensional creature."


Sharing my passion for yoga and wellbeing, the former model has her own line of yoga clothing, Nuala, developed with sportswear brand Puma, and a line of Ayurvedic skincare, Sundari, and chanelled her interest into the internationally successful book: "Living Yoga: Creating a Life Practice".  


I'm in admiration of all that she's achieved but, it seems, Christy sees this as just the beginning.  She says: “With every passing year I feel more fulfilled. I am only just coming into a phase of my life where I can say that I feel passionate about what I do.” 


Photo: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...