Tuesday 28 February 2012

Straight from the heart



The very reason I started this blog in the first place was so that I had a space of my own, a reflective little hub, a creative outlet to share my own, personal pursuit to find my unique sparkle and live my best life.  It began as something that I enjoyed from the very heart of me, not another item on my weighty to-do list, and so I made myself a promise - if ever I didn't feel the desire to come to this spot and share, if ever it felt like a chore, I simply wouldn't blog.  And so I've not even logged-on to my baby BasilBe since the New Year - well, the 16th January to be precise about it.  As fate would have it, as soon as I'd shared my goals and aspirations for the year, my usual go-get-'em was sapped!


The truth is I've been lacking the energy big-time.  And the focus.  It turns out I was a little overwhelmed with all that was going on at the beginning of the year.  You know, little things like house-hunting ..... and finding out that I'm going to be a mummy!  Yes, I can hand-on-heart say I was more than a little distracted.....


So I'm back and shouting it from the rooftops!  Now I look back, at 14 weeks pregnant with an ever-growing bump, and I can see that part of me was a little anxious about the whole thing too.  Not the being pregnant (though I've felt better!), but the responsibility upon my body to grow this little thing.  Anxious about sharing the news when everything has felt so fragile.  I've yearned to be a mum for as long as I can remember and I just wanted to keep this secret to ourselves and concentrate my energy on doing right by this precious little being.  I'm all kinds of emotions - deliriously happy (I had a little 'happy dance' as I was waiting for the kettle to boil this morning!!), daunted, hopeful .... it changes every day!


The simplest way I can put it into words is that it feels right, this, being a mummy feels like it's my best life.  So please forgive the absence .... I've been busy trying to hold down my dinner!


Image: I'll Know It When I See It via Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...